Celebrate Red, White & Blue
This Independence Day, there are many ways to celebrate the freedoms we enjoy. If you’re in Wilson, check out these fun activities happening on July 4:
- Wilson Tobs Firework Extravaganza – The Wilson Tobs play at home against the Morehead City Marlins. The game starts at 6 p.m. and fireworks will follow the game.
- 4th of July Festival at Wilson County Fairgrounds – A BBQ cookout start at 2 p.m.! Local volunteer fire departments will compete for the best BBQ. Fireworks at the grandstand area will begin at 9 p.m. Details are on the Wilson County Fair Facebook page.
Folks closer to Raleigh can celebrate at these fun events:
- Durham Bulls Fireworks Extravaganza – The Durham Bulls play at home against the Charlotte Knights. The game starts at 6 p.m. and fireworks will follow the game. Buy tickets early, the game always sells out!
- The ‘Works!’ – Celebrate July 4th on Fayetteville Street in Downtown Raleigh. This free event starts at 12 noon and fireworks will start around 9:30 p.m. For more info, visit raleighconvention.com/works.
If you’re near the beach, consider joining the fun at one of these events:
- City of Wilmington 4th of July Celebration – Enjoy live entertainment and food along Water Street in Riverfront Park, starting at 6 p.m. Then watch fireworks over the Cape Fear River. Learn more at wilmingtonandbeaches.com/july-4th-roundup.
- C. Symphony Presents: Starts & Stripes – Join the NC Symphony for a salute to the red, white and blue. Hear patriotic favorites and high-spirited classics honoring the USA. This event starts at 7:30 p.m. at The Wilson Center in Wilmington.